As we reflect on the 2022/23 academic year, we would like to take the opportunity to say a massive thank you to all of our wonderful supporters!
Your belief and financial support over the last year has enabled us to continue to be brave and ambitious as we re-establish ourselves following the Covid-19 pandemic and enabled us to make the biggest impact for children and young people from communities across Wales.
Highlights of what your support enabled us to achieve during the 2022/23 academic year include:
- 339 Only Boys Aloud rehearsals delivered across 11 locations in Wales.
- 10 Only Girls Aloud rehearsals delivered in Cardiff.
- 57 Only Girls Aloud members recruited for a second choir in West Wales.
- 61 members of Only Kids Aloud sang in 4 shows in the Christmas show Let’s Sing Christmas in Disneyland Paris.
- 6 virtual meetings of the Only Boys Aloud Youth Forum with 14 participants from across Wales contributing to the development and progression of the organisation.
- A 4 part documentary on S4C featuring all of our Aloud Choirs who were followed throughout the year.
- 1 televised Christmas Concert from Brecon Cathedral featuring 192 of our singers on stage.
- A residential course for members of Only Boys Aloud Academi who sang in 8 different languages, performed 2 Cathedral concerts and went on to represent Wales at the Festival Interceltique de Lorient.
- An opportunity for 989,000 people to experience the Only Boys Aloud Academi live at the Festival Interceltique de Lorient.
- 12.3 million viewers watched our Only Boys Aloud Academi take part in the King’s Coronation Concert live from Windsor Castle.
- 671 Japanese students received a workshop from our 4 Aloud Choir Leaders on a trip to Japan.
- 190 year six pupils participated in an Aloud in the Classroom transition project, working with 12 feeder primary schools to 2 secondary schools.
We do not currently receive any regular statutory or public funding and are reliant on your support to continue to deliver unique experiences such as these for young people across Wales!
Thank you – we really couldn’t do it without you!